Providing a Safe and Rewarding Workplace
Sherritt’s operations are built on a zero harm health and safety culture. We work hard to minimize operational risks to our workforce and nearby communities, and engage with these important stakeholders regularly on matters of safety, security and emergency response. Employee engagement and development remain top priorities in ensuring we attract and retain the people critical to our business and its success. We believe that this is best achieved by fostering an inclusive workplace.
Our 2018 Performance:
- Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) and Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) were 0.15 and 0.04 per 200,000 work hours, respectively. Over a three-year period, TRIFR decreased by 63% and LTIFR decreased by 71%.
- The Oil & Gas Division in Cuba remained lost-time incident free since 2016, achieving more than 2.5 million work hours without an incident.
- The Fort Site had no lost time or reportable incidents in 2018 and experienced its best two quarters of H&S performance in 10 years.
- The Moa site ended the year with its lowest number of Lost Time Incidents (LTIs) in three years, and Ambatovy posted its best TRIFR since the project began, outperforming previous years by over 30%.
- The Company recorded a 32% year-over-year reduction in security incidents.
- Sherritt personnel were invited to work in partnership with local and national regulators on public security and emergency response.